Jan 30, 2018
Brian & Heather Mayer talk about staying connected with each
other through doing things together as a couple. Here are 5
more (with one extra as a bonus) rituals of connection. Be
sure to check out session 25 for the first 25! We hope you
enjoy today’s message. For more information and additional
resources please visit our website at http://www.theremarriedlife.com
- Connection #26: On Car Trips do some of the
following: Mad Libs, 20 Questions, A Book Called “If” – 500
questions for the game of life that you can ask each other like,
“If you could train a pet bird to do one thing for you and always
return home what would it do?” or “Name your greatest
- Connection #27: Texting throughout the day to encourage each
other and also simply communicating plans is very important to
us. We use it to send the emojis and also says things like “I
hope your day is going well.”
- Connection #28: In the evenings when the weather is nice,
we like to spend time on the back deck. We will play some
music and talk about the day, and talk about our hopes and
dreams. We also like to watch and listen to our surroundings
and then we talk about them.
- Connection #29: Friday Night Special: This is a sacred
time in which we say no to work and often will say no to other
things going on. We spend this time together. We will
often make a pizza, play games or darts, and just have a fun time
spending it together.
- Connection #30: Morning Ritual. We make coffee, decide
what to make for breakfast and lunch, and then begin the food
prep. Usually one of us will make breakfast while the other
makes lunch and we flip flop that responsibility. Then for 15
minutes or so after the meals are completed, we will eat breakfast
together and talk about our day that is to come.
- Bonus Connection 31: On our Anniversary, we will write
out a list of 5 things we want to accomplish and 5 fun activities
in the coming year. We also like to look over our list from
the prior year to see what we did and did not do. Usually the
things we want to accomplish center around work on the house and
the fun activities involve traveling to new places.
- After listening to this session and session 25, we hope you
will implement some of these this week or continue what you are
already doing that is working for you. Remember most of these don’t
take much time. Simply connecting for 10-15 minutes every day
is so important.
- A book called “If” by Evelyn McFarlane and James Saywell
- Brian and Heather’s Brains
Thanks For Listening!
- With so many things that take time in our lives, I more
grateful than you know that you took time to listen to this podcast
- If you liked this episode and believe that it would be
beneficial to a friend, family member, or colleague, please share
it using the social media buttons on this page.
- It would be extremely helpful, it you would consider leaving a
rating and review on Apple devices at iTunes
or on Android devices at Google
Play as it will help the podcast reach others who
need help in rebuilding life and relationships.
Remarried Life Facebook Group is a community of people
just like you who get and give support. Please join today!