Dec 29, 2020
Brian Mayer discusses how to maintain a positive perspective
within you blended family. Negativity can become a very
common mental state for many if not all members of the
family. In this three part series we will take a look at ways
you may not have thought of to help maintain more positivity for
you personally and in your relationships with your family.
We hope you are inspired by today’s message. For
more information and additional resources please visit our website
- Today in part 3 of our series on maintaining more positivity,
we the attempts we make at emotionally connecting with each
- In most couples relationships, there is a dynamic present
called Pursuer Withdrawer. The Pursuer is usually the one in the
relationship that brings up issues and complaints more often.
The Withdrawer is the one that usually defends, deflects, or shuts
down amid these complaints.
- As you can imagine a very negative cycle of feelings can
generate as a result of this dynamic thus reducing this positivity
we are trying to work hard to generate in your relationship and
your blended family.
- So what do we do here. Well lets start with you Pursuers out
- For Pursuers you should cherish when your Withdrawing partner
does make an attempt to do something that you have been asking for.
It is certainly easy to focus on the times your partner doesn’t
come through for you, but appreciation when something is done
positively can have a, well positive effect.
- For Withdrawers, you simply need to make more attempts and do a
little more of what your Pursuer partner is asking for. Now of
course if it is presented in the form of a criticism then of course
that can be difficult to overcome. A quick discussion about
delivering something in a different way can help.
- If you both can do those simple things when it comes to
attempts it can certainly help with the positive feelings.
Thanks For Listening!
- With so many things that take time in our lives, I more
grateful than you know that you took time to listen to this podcast
- If you liked this episode and believe that it would be
beneficial to a friend, family member, or colleague, please share
it using the social media buttons on this page.
Remarried Life Facebook Groupis a community of people just like
you who get and give support. Please join today!
As always remember that marriage is not something you have, it
is something you do. Talk to you next week unless you are
binge listening in the future in which case I will talk to you in
about a minute! Take care.